The Cookies/Close settings in WP Popups let you control:
- How (and if) users can close popups.
- How often a user sees a popup after they convert or close the popup.
For example, you can hide the popup for a user once the user closes a popup.
How to Open Cookies/Close Settings
To access the settings area, open the template builder for the popup that you want to edit. Then, click on the Settings tab and select Cookies/Close:
You’ll see the settings in the interface on the right.
WP Popups Close Rules
The rules in the Close section let you control how your popups close (or how users can close them). You have four options:
- Close on conversion – the popup will automatically close if a user converts, like filling out a form or clicking a button.
- Close automatically – if a user doesn’t interact with the popup, it will automatically close after X seconds. To disable automatic closing, enter “0” (this feature is disabled by default).
- Disable close button – if you select Yes, WP Popups will not include a close button. This means users cannot click a button to close the popup.
- Disable advanced closing methods – if you select Yes, users will not be able to close the popup by hitting the ESC key or clicking outside the popup.
How to Style the Close Button
If you enable the close button on your popups, you can configure the style of the close button from the Close Button section in the Appearance tab in the template builder:
WP Popups Cookie Rules
The rules in the Cookies section let you control how long to hide your popup after a user either:
- Converts, like filling out an email opt-in form in your popup
- Clicks the close button
You can set the duration in days or hours.
You can also change the name of the conversion and closing cookies.
For example, if you set the Conversion cookie duration equal to 999 Days, users who convert on your popup will not see the popup again until 999 days have passed.
On the other hand, if you set the Closing cookie duration equal to 7 Days, then users who click the close button will see the popup again after just one week has passed: