If you use ActiveCampaign for email marketing, WP Popups can help you create email opt-in popups that connect directly to your email lists in ActiveCampaign.
In this article, you’ll learn how to connect WP Popups to ActiveCampaign and start creating email opt-in popups.
How to Connect WP Popups to ActiveCampaign
1. Install ActiveCampaign Addon
To access the ActiveCampaign integration settings, you need to install the ActiveCampaign addon plugin for WP Popups, which you can download from your My Account area.
2. Access ActiveCampaign API Key and URL
To connect WP Popups to ActiveCampaign, you need two pieces of information from your ActiveCampaign account:
- API Key
- API URL
To access your ActiveCampaign API information in your ActiveCampaign dashboard:
- Click Settings at the bottom of the navigation menu on the left
- Select Developer from the list of settings
You should see both your API key and API URL. Keep this information accessible because you’ll need it in the next step:
3. Add ActiveCampaign API Key to WP Popups Settings
Next, open your WordPress dashboard and go to WP Popups -> Settings -> Integrations. Then:
- Open the ActiveCampaign settings.
- Click Add New Account.
- Enter your ActiveCampaign API key.
- Enter your ActiveCampaign API URL.
- Add an account nickname to help you remember the connection.
- Click Connect to ActiveCampaign.
4. Create ActiveCampaign Email Opt-in Popup
Now, you need to create your actual ActiveCampaign email opt-in popup.
To get started, go to WP Popups -> Add New to create a new popup.
In the WP Popups template builder:
- Go to the Email Marketing tab
- Select ActiveCampaign
- Click Add New Connection
- Give your connection a name.
- Click OK
You can then use the options on the right to select which ActiveCampaign list to use: