If you use GetResponse to manage your email marketing efforts, WP Popups can help you create email opt-in popups that connect directly to your email lists in GetResponse.
In this article, you’ll learn how to connect WP Popups to GetResponse and start creating email opt-in popups.
How to Connect WP Popups to GetResponse
1. Install GetResponse Addon
To access the GetResponse integration, you first need to install the GetResponse addon plugin, which you can download from your My Account area.
2. Generate GetResponse API Key
To connect GetResponse to WP Popups, you need to generate a GetResponse API key.
To do that, visit this page while logged into your GetResponse account. Then, click on the Generate API key button.
Give it a name to help you remember it – like “WP Popups” or “WordPress”. Then, click Generate.
You should see your API key – keep this page open because you’ll need to use your API key in the next steps:
3. Add GetResponse API Key to WP Popups Settings
Next, open your WordPress dashboard and go to WP Popups -> Settings -> Integrations. Then:
- Open the GetResponse settings.
- Click Add New Account.
- Enter your GetResponse API key and an account nickname to help you remember the connection.
- Click Connect to GetResponse.
4. Create GetResponse Email Opt-in Popup
Now, you’re ready to create your actual GetResponse email opt-in popup.
To get started, go to WP Popups -> Add New to create a new popup. In the WP Popups template builder:
- Go to the Email Marketing tab
- Select GetResponse
- Click Add New Connection
- Give your connection a name.
- Click OK
You can then configure the settings for the GetResponse integration, like which list to connect to.
You can also configure your popup’s style, content, display rules, etc. just as you would for any other popup.