Ready to get started with WP Popups? Follow this guide to install and activate the WP Popups plugin…
How to Install WP Popups on WordPress
1. Download the WP Popups Plugin
To get started, you need to download the WP Popups plugin from the Downloads area in your WP Popups account.
To open your Downloads area, you can either click this link or go to My Account -> Downloads on the WP Popups website.
Then, click the button to Download WP Popups:
This should start a download for a zip file.
Leave this page open because you’ll need it later on to access your license key.
2. Install and Activate WP Popups Plugin on WordPress
- Open your WordPress dashboard
- Go to Plugins -> Add New
- Click the Upload Plugin button
- Use the Choose File button to select the WP Popups zip file that you downloaded in the previous step
- Click the Install Now button
After a short wait while WordPress installs the plugin, click the Activate Plugin button to make WP Popups active on your site:
3. Add License Key to Enable Updates
To enable updates and ensure that you always have the latest version of WP Popups installed on your site, you need to activate the plugin with your WP Popups license key.
To do this…
- Go to WP Popups -> Settings
- Enter your license key in the License Key box (you can find your license key on the Downloads page in your WP Popups account)
- Click Verify Key
Your license key is listed on the Downloads page in your WP Popups account:
Create Your First Popup
Once you install and activate WP Popups, you can follow this guide to create your first popup.
Additionally, if you want to extend the core features in the WP Popups plugin, you can also follow this guide to install WP Popups addon plugins.